One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same - which is why we're here to help you understand the differences.
Feeling a little lost about what all these terms mean? We've compiled a glossary of the most common terms using a variety of resources to help!
Get all the basics on adhesive tape - from learning exactly what a PSA is to the factors that help you determine the right one, our guide will get you started!
Datasheets for adhesive tape give you a lot of specs - and it's important to understand what all those numbers mean and how they apply to your selection process.
By asking a few basic questions you can ensure that you're picking the exact right tape for your application. Use our handy guide to help guide the way!
One of the biggest missteps you can make in your adhesive selection process is assuming that all tapes are the same. So much goes into whether an adhesive will work for your specific application, and you should consider each factor when picking out an ideal product. It's important to match the properties of your adhesive to the needs of what you're bonding.
At Budnick.com we've always made it our primary goal to educate our customers as best we can, and our Tape101 eBook and learning center is the next step in that process. We've outlined the basic steps to follow and questions to ask throughout the process of identifying an adhesive so you can approach each project with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions. Feel free to browse through the basics of tapes, or for a more in-depth overview, download our free eBook here!
Budnick has decades of experience developing application, product, and process solutions - read about some of our favorite solutions below!
Case Study Improved Process
Production was in the process of moving from Arizona and Ohio and finding a supplier who could meet stocking and delivery requirements was critical.
- Needed tape stocked in a temperature controlled environment and delivered weekly
- Customer had issues with splices and roll tolerance standards not being met
- Budnick worked with vendors to negotiate competitive pricing and fix splicing issues
Case Study Vendor Value
A customer was seeking a less expensive, alternative that would have to bond to a wide variety of veneer backings.
- The large veneer and edge banding manufacturer had been using an acrylic transfer
- A double coated acrylic tape with a paper liner was chosen and slit to size
- The anti-slip liner gave the customer an opportunity to brand their product
Case Study Small Changes
A display manufacturer needed to increase the speed in which its finishing department was using tape, while the end user required decreased assembly time.
- Budnick recommended reducing the roll width and adding an extended liner
- Budnick expected the customer to balk at a price increase due to increased machining
- Customer realized the justification for the changes after seeing the extended liner’s easy removability